Friday, September 25, 2009

proud moment

M had an "about me" page to fill in for homework a week or two ago. It included the typical info like his height and weight and favorite color ("all the colours"). And his favorite singer? The Beatles. OK, so they're a band, but still, I was pretty happy about it. Granted, he thinks Yellow Submarine is their greatest song, but he's 5. V is really into music lately and tells me what she likes about each song. We've been listening to some classics lately, the Beatles One album and Raffi's Baby Beluga. Eleanor Rigby is "the cool song", and I can't even describe what she says for Raffi's Oats and Beans and Barley Grow. Amazingly garbled. I have to be careful what they listen to, though -- V pays a lot of attention to the lyrics. I had on a Cake song today; the refrain is "Sheep go to heaven, goats go to hell." Catchy song, very tongue-in-cheek and clever, but I can 100% predict a question about the go to hell part.

No comments: