Tuesday, February 26, 2008

spring weather

Yay! It feels like spring! I have no idea how long it will last, but the last couple of days have been fantastic. Sunny skies, warm weather ... we've been at the park playing with our sand toys. Of course, we still have jackets on, but not sixteen layers underneath, so we'll take it and be happy :) M enjoyed burying all our toys underneath the sand. Of course this resulted in the comic hunt for the missing toy. I told him that sometimes at the beach you can bury a person in the sand. He didn't even comment, just gave me a blank look and moved onto something else.

Nathan was talking about the great weather, "Wow, this just reminds you that the weather's really beautiful here for most of the year." My reply? "No, it's not." I do love it here, but not for the weather. It's not awful, but it's certainly not fantastic. Fantastic days? Yes, and we're grateful for them.

M came home singing "10 Little Indians" the other day after school, which was pretty cute because he can hold up the correct number of fingers through the whole thing. I had not taught him that song, because it seems so politically uncomfortable. But he likes it and uses it for everything around the house. Bears, peas, I don't know what's going to come up tomorrow.

No comments: