Monday, January 12, 2009

Bouncy seat


E is a lovely, happy baby, but she doesn't love to be put down. She's OK lying down in the crib or hanging out in the car seat, but only if she's asleep. She hates the swing, howls in the stroller, and fusses after just a few minutes with the crib mobile. So I figured she was just a baby who liked to be held, until I tried the BOUNCER! Yay! She loves it, and I'm so happy to have a place to put her down on occasion. I'm sure she'll still spend most of her waking moments in someone's arms, but it's so nice to have one option she likes. And yes, that's her double chin you see in the picture. She's grown a bit, so she's not quite as porky as she was, but still chubby. In other baby news, I was just noticing today how much the kids copy the way I talk to the baby. M uses the same tone of voice as me and says inane things like, "Who's the prettiest baby? Yeah, who's the prettiest baby?" Which is so taken straight out of my mouth. But I'm OK with it. It's better than when they boss each other around, sounding just like mommy.

2 comments:

Georgia and David said...

Oh yeah, the bossing is horrific. Especially coming out of Catherine's mouth because it is so true to life....ugh.

Naomi S. Adams said...

Bossy? :)

Martin, How do you make an orange laugh?

A: Tickle it's navel!!!!